Home > Who We Are > Material Testing Experts > Brett Miller, P.E.
Brett Miller, P.E.
Brett has over twenty years of metallurgical engineering and failure analysis experience. He has performed thousands of metallurgical failure analysis investigations and material evaluations. Primary projects are typically for manufacturing support and process troubleshooting, but Brett also has substantial litigation project experience.
He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla and a Masters Degree in Materials Engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Brett also holds an MBA and a Masters degree in Management from the Florida Institute of Technology.
In his free time Brett enjoys photography, long distance running, and time with his family.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Professional Engineer License – Metallurgical Engineering – State of Kentucky
- Professional Engineer License – Metallurgical Engineering – State of Wisconsin
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector
- Published papers on failure analysis in several journals, published book chapters: “Materials Selection for Failure Prevention”, and “Overload Failures” in ASM Metals Handbook Volume 11, and published an article entitled “Wire Ropes” in the Elsevier Encyclopedia of Materials Science and Technology (Netherlands)
- Taught numerous courses and/or seminars on failure analysis, metallurgy, welding, welding defects, heat treatment, fracture, fatigue, steels, stainless steels, aluminum alloys, corrosion, brazing, and mechanical testing
- Gave technical presentations at conferences and numerous technical meetings
- ASM International
- ASM International Failure Analysis Committee