IMR Test Labs is always looking for motivated and talented people to join our team! Have what it takes? Please provide a resume with cover letter to the address listed on the posting.
IMR is an equal opportunity employer.
Metallurgy Laboratory Manager
Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies ("CWST") is the group name for the collective technical services provided by the legacy companies of Metal Improvement Company("MIC"), E/M Coating Services, Everlube Products, FW Gartner Thermal Spraying, Para Tech Coating, Component Coating & Repair Services, Bolt's Metallizing and IMR Test Labs.
CWST is a Division of Curtiss-Wright Corporation, a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets.
The Opportunity | Metallurgy Laboratory Manager
The Metallurgy Laboratory Manager is responsible for leading and directing the daily activities of the Metallurgical Laboratory to meet customer needs and expectations for metallurgical materials testing and evaluations. The Manager will also be responsible for performing independent work, guiding the work of others, providing technical leadership, working with management, and interacting with customers. Other responsibilities include maintaining high degree of knowledge and proficiency in material science and serving as resident expert in area of specialty.
- Conduct metallurgical materials testing and evaluations and failure analyses.
- Coordinate the input of other departments, and report results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inform the Business Unit Manager in a timely manner of administrative and technical activities, status of programs, problem areas, and corrective actions.
- Prepare quotes, review and distribute incoming jobs, and assure work completion in a high quality and timely manner.
- Interface with customers as necessary to assure that a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Train, manage and develop others, review work and reports, and prepare performance reviews.
- Responsible for the Metallurgical Laboratory condition and appearance.
- Provide a safe, well-equipped, audit-ready work area.
- Assure that equipment is properly maintained and in calibration.
- Establish and maintain department procedures consistent with the IMR Quality Assurance Manual.
- Exhibit and maintain a high level of engineering skills.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of metallurgy and provide technical leadership in laboratory growth areas.
- Serve as a resident expert and a technical resource for others.
- Maintain professional visibility through activities in professional organizations.
- Recommend and justify the procurement of capital equipment to maintain an appropriate level of competence in current and advanced metallic materials technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Material Science, Metallurgy or related discipline. Possession of or qualification to pursue P.E. or other professional licensing preferred.
- Minimum of five year's work experience in the field of materials/metallurgical engineering
- 1-2 years 'experience in materials testing, failure analysis and/or metallurgy
- Demonstrated ability to work with metallurgical tools, equipment and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of diverse range of specifications and methodologies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in and lead a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong customer service focus.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request. #LI-PV