Jaret comes to IMR with a MS in Materials Science & Engineering from the University of Tennessee and a BS in Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Idaho. He has completed the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination (FE).
Prior to coming to IMR Jaret worked in materials testing labs at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN and what is now Areva Nuclear Power in Richland, WA. He has a wealth of experience and has given several papers and presentations on various topics including metallography and scanning electron microscopy.
Jaret enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending family time with his wife and two boys.
International Metallographic Society
- Vice President 2013-Present
- Board of Directors 2006-Present
- President's Award in 2010
- Mentor at the National Eisenman Materials Camp 2009-2014
- Editorial Committee of AM&P 2007-2012
- Emerging Professionals Committee 2007-2010